Sunday, February 11, 2007

PUZZLE PIECES

PIECES THAT NEVER FIT
I think of my family as mismatched pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. I made many attempts to make the pieces fit together but since the edges never matched the puzzle kept falling apart.
Each time the puzzle fell apart, I picked up the pieces and tried to fit them back together again. I worked hard at this task, spent many hours pondering how to fit the pieces together so the puzzle would not fall apart so easily when disturbed. I tried to force the pieces to fit. I jammed the pieces together but that only made the puzzle more fragile. I made many mistakes trying to match these pieces together. I finally put the puzzle pieces in a box on a shelf in my closet. I’ve accepted I can never make the pieces match.
I’ve started to work on the only puzzle I can solve, Me. I am the center piece of my puzzle. I am the most important piece in my puzzle. I hold the puzzle together. I have become very strong and I am slowly matching the puzzle that is me into a bigger puzzle, the one called Life.

No comments: