Saturday, February 10, 2007

AN ACON’S WILL

I will be independent,
I will be self-sufficient,
I will regain my lost sense of self,
I will respect myself
I will conduct myself with dignity and pride.
I will take care of myself
I will comfort my inner child
I will nourish the spirit that lies within.
I will love myself
I will trust
I will make mistakes, learn from them and continue on.
I will make a life for myself, by myself.
I will write about myself and my feelings, without apologies.
I will be responsible for only myself.
I will treat others with the respect I ask to be given from them.
I will form my own boundaries
I will respect the boundaries of others.
I will feel my feelings with no shame or blame.
I will cut the strings that tie me to my family.
I will show the world I am a person of worth.
I will show the world the strength of an ACON.
I am an ACON who broke her cycle of abuse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A very good list of self definition. Thanks for sharing that. Well done.