Saturday, January 27, 2007

THE WARRIOR SPIRIT

I realize there are many issues not worth fighting about. I do fight for the issues that matter to me. I am taking the first step in stopping abuse, any abuse, by stopping me from abusing myself. I self-abuse with words. I say I’m a nut, I’m stupid, I’m no good. I’ve stopped referring to me in this manner because I’ve learned to respect myself. I know there is nothing wrong or bad to say I’m good, I’m smart, but I was taught saying these words meant I was selfish and self-centered.
I am an ACON, an adult child of narcisstic parents. I once was asked to state the family’s principles, it is to obey, obey the father without question or hesitation. The family’s ideal is perfection, everything I did had to be perfect, nothing less was accepted. I realize I can overcome the painful memories of my childhood by nurturing the Warrior Spirit that lives within.