Friday, May 02, 2008

ALTERNATIVE IN NAME ONLY

I have three movement disorders, drug induced Parkinson’s Disease, Dystonia, and Tardive Dyskinesia. All my movement disorders are caused by long time use of psych drugs.
I went to an alternative medical clinic believing the doctors and other practitioners and I would work together and help me withdraw and recover from the damage pysch drugs did to my body. I met once with the State expert that was recently added on staff. I was told I need psych drugs in order to function, my brain is damaged since birth and psych drugs are my only hope for life, a conclusion this State Expert doctor derived from closely reading and studying my records. I was offered an alternative treatment for psych drugs, opiates. Some alternative. Trade one set of problems and addiction for another set of problems and addiction.
I have Parkinson’s Disease the main characteristic is stiffness in posture and moving. I have been told for so many years how I am just anxious and very tense when I was displaying side effects of psych drugs. I am still very stiff and rigid and again not one person at this alternative medical clinic is taking into account the over 36 years I’ve been taking psych drugs. I am being gently chastised and taught how my mind and emotions affect my body, ignoring any of my attempts at addressing the effects of psych drugs and my movement disorders as a possible cause of my stiffness and rigidity. I am asking myself, why do these people call themselves alternative medical practitioners when in reality they all do what all other medical clinic doctors and practitioners have been doing, ignore the effects psych drugs have on my body and only address and treat my mental and emotional condition.

1 comment:

antaraaya said...

Sorry to hear about this disappointing experience. My thought is that there might be other possibilities still, as far as alternative medicine.

I want to encourage you to for example ask in some online forum that is about alternative medicine, maybe they could have some tips.

Regards,

antaraaya